For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
Have you ever thought of asking yourself a question like “Can power be forgotten?” If not, try to ponder it for a moment. You might say, “What kind of power are you referring to?” I mean all kinds of power. Who or what would you consider powerful in your life? Did you see it as always being that way?
Lately, I have been repeatedly reminded of the power of God’s word that is often forgotten, neglected, despised, and taken lightly — you name it. A very good example is the passage above, which is full of great truths that and is so powerful. It tells us amazing facts about the powerful word of God, which is:
- Sharper than any two-edged sword
- Can pierce as far as dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow
- Able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart
Another powerful short passage in Romans 5:6-10 shows us how Christ died for us, the ungodly while we were still helpless, were yet sinners and were enemies of God. Read these passages carefully and let God point you to what you have been missing or forgetting in His word.
Has he not given us His precious and powerful word to fight and live and be victorious in this sinful world? Can you think of anyone around you who is not helpless, not sinners and not enemies with God? He has done everything to show us his unreserved love when he chose to die in a cruel way. There’s nothing he can’t do for his children and the lost! As stated in Romans 8:37, we’re more than conquerors!
Let us claim the often forgotten power of God by:
- Praising and thanking Him for faithfully creating you and giving His precious word for your journey on earth until you see Him face to face.
- Asking God to forgive you for not truly valuing His word; ask for His help and run to Jesus to learn and study his truths.