Music & Creative
The worship team at island ECC is made up of several musicians, but we're a lot more. Worship at Island ECC is led primarily by a team of volunteers who serve weekly and meet together monthly. Collectively, we call ourselves creativeUNITE and we come from all walks of life and age groups.
If you'd like to learn more, come to one of our regular creativesUNITE meetings. You'll see them scheduled on The City and in the Upcoming Events sidebar on the left of this page.
The best way to find out more about serving in a creative capacity at Island ECC is to sign up on the City and then join the creativesUNITE group. You'll have the inside scoop on everything we're doing as a creative community.
- We are about HOLY PEOPLE WHO MAKE COMPELLING ART. We are not about HOLY ART. We commit ourselves and our craft to God. We strive to be Christ-like people who make compelling, creative, world-changing art.
- We are about INSPIRING THE CULTURE. We seek to be relevant in our creative expression but we aren’t content with being contemporary. We want to change the climate of culture through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit who is Creativity.
- We are about TRUTH. Truth exists and His name is Jesus. We believe art should always raise questions and cause us to think but we do not support art in which the central message is a lie [porn, racism, sexism, etc].
- We are about UNITY. We dissent in private and support in public. We address concerns with people directly. Our greatest impact comes from teamwork and healthy disagreements.
- We are about EXPANDING GOD’S KINGDOM by widening our community and influence. There are opportunities to grow what God is doing that will not always happen at 633 King’s Road in Quarry Bay. We are ready to engage with this city and world.
- We are about FINDING NEW WAYS TO WORSHIP GOD by exploring things that don’t feel "churchy". We’re not out to shock anyone but we do believe that people are inspired by worship that is fresh.
- We are about CREATIVELY LENDING OUR GIFTS TO HELP PEOPLE IN NEED. Through messages and movements, we want to give grace to everyone, as we have been given grace so generously by God.
- We are about BUILDING WORSHIPPERS WHO LEAD. Leadership is not a club you enter into when you reach a certain age or take a certain job. It’s a responsibility that you accept and do.
- We are about CREATING WITHOUT COMPLAINING. We will all have limitations in life as long as we’re on earth. Learning to work within those limitations is how good artists become great.
Find out more about how to serve on the production crew or enquire about auditioning for the band by sending an email to !